Let it snow…
… let it snow, let it snow….! Well apparently it sprinkled some snowy dust in certain parts of the country last night – we didn’t see any where we are, but the reports definitely has us convinced that Christmas is really just around the corner!! So we found the perfect Snowy Monday DIY for you all…. SNOWGLOBES!! These absolute stunners are from Anthropologies 2009 Winter Catalogue where they filled their globes with mini-vintage Santas, antique jewellery and other lovelinesses. Fortunately for us we found a super easy DIY project by Well-Worn, to guide us through making our own! We think they would be fantastic decorations for winter weddings : Fill the jars with you and your fiancé / finacéé’s initials, or charms that mean something to you, or use large jars and put your table numbers in them!! Lots of festively fabulous ideas! Now back to work – and here’s the How-to… Enjoy, Aoife & Deirdre xx
You Will Need :
- A jar of your choice – with a lid
- Figurines or jewellery ( or whatever you want to be inside your globe )
- Anti-rust sealant for items that are metal or liable to rust
- Clear-drying epoxy
- Distilled water
- Dash of glycerine
- Large white or silver glitter – NB: the smaller type floats at the top
1. Use clear-drying epoxy to adhere your piece to the inside of the lid. Let dry per instructions.
2. After the epoxy dries completely, fill your jar with distilled or boiled water (cooled to room temperature!)
3. Add just a dash of glycerine so the ‘snow’ falls slowly.
4. Add as much glitter as you like. If you don’t like the look of glitter, you can usually find faux snow at craft and haberdashery stores.
5. Screw your lid on tightly and enjoy your snow globe!!